Welcome to my monthly roundup an opportunity to look back at the ordinary moments that have made our month extra special. It is so easy to take for granted people, places and things and this look back really helps me to appreciate their importance and rejoice in the everyday memories we are making together..
Looking back at this month, I can't quite believe how much we have managed to pack in. It has been a great holiday with so many brilliant moments. Not only the trips away but just spending time together...
Quote of the month
My most popular IG photo this month was:
When you change the way you look at things the things you look at change... #pixel_kids #clickinmoms #childhoodunplugged #momswithcameras #oureverydaymoments #childofig #uniteinmotherhood #candidchildhood #simplychildren #makeportraits #kidsforreal #cameramama #dearphotographer #writeyouonmyheart #TheHappyNow #FlashesofDelight #Livethelittlethings #WorldOfLittles #LittleFierceOnes #MyHappyCapture #LIFECLOSEUP #autism #autismawareness #autismmom #autismacceptance #autismlove #autismparents #autismlife #autismfamily #SENDBloggers
Magic moments from August
- Spending time with family in the UK
- Meeting my blogging buddy Ellen from Babies Biscuits and Booze. Such a great experience, like catching up with a long lost friend.
- Celebrating hubby and my big lad's birthdays (they are the day after each other).
- Sleeping in a family room in the hotel and little man sneaking into bed for morning cuddles
- Cuddles...Big lad is getting cuddly - mostly because he wants my phone to play Pokemon Go but I'm not complaining
- Sorting out the toy cupboard - we found games we had forgotten about...
- An evening out with the girls...so nice to feel like me again!
- A morning walk at the beach. The perfect way to cheer myself up after tackling the Mount Everest of ironing...
- The flower Parade was beautiful this year. My favourite was the old flower truck full of brightly coloured lilies (watch our VLOG)
August Blog Highlights
- Being chosen as featured blogger by Aby on the #PointShoot Linky I love this linky and it is a total honour to be selected from all the awesome photos on show there, you must check it out!
- Being featured in the Cheers series hosted by the brilliant Dawn from Rhyming with Wine with my poem; Parenting: The Jeckle and Hyde moments. Please pop over and have a look. Dawn wrote such a beautiful write up I was really touched!
- Reaching 1000 followers on IG
- Katie and I are really touched and amazed that so many brilliant bloggers are linking up to #ablogginggoodtime this has been out best month yet! Thank you ❤️
- My most popular post this month was Tips for living as an expat.
- My favourite post was A glimpse into our autism: Yesterday he held my hand...