I love blogging tag posts. I suppose it is because I am really a very nosy so and so. I love finding out about other people. I've heard it said before but one of the best parts of blogging to me is the buddies that you meet along the way. I have recently started to get to know a whole bunch of lovely new bloggers through Tribal Chat. One of my fellow tribesters the gorgeous and brilliantly funny Jade from The Parenting Jungle tagged me in the Liebster award (you must check out her blog with a unique and witty approach to parenting that will make you feel fantastic) thanks Jade.
1. Inspired by Occupation mother’s fab post- what would you choose as the soundtrack to your parenting journey so far?
I would have to pick this absolute classic by Stevie Wonder. Hubby and I had this song played after we signed the register and left the room at our wedding. It always makes me feel happy.
I love music and there are so many songs - perhaps I will have to follow suit with a future post. Thanks for the inspiration!
A big bun from the baker filled with something classic like a good cheese but then with an aftertaste of something a bit spicy or different that kept you wondering what it was like a mayo with a hint of cayenne pepper.
3. What is the best toy you have ever bought your child and why?
Had to ask the boys this one and absolutely no contest, has to be the Wii U. They are mad gamers and would spend all day on it if allowed.
4. What toy would you like to throw out of the window?
I would gladly grab the boys Nintendo DS off them at times and throw them straight out of the window because the sound of the truly awful, annoying and immensely irritating music in the games drives me insane!!! I have been known to scream, You are Driving me mad! very loudly and make the boys mute them or wear ear phones.
5. What is your best childhood memory?
Sleepovers at my nana's house. Anything to do with my nana really, baking, playing games, drinking tea, going to the club, trying on her jewellery, putting on make-up so many wonderful things. She was an amazing woman who was always the life and soul of the party.
6. What is the first blog you read?
Honest Mum. I didn't read any blogs until I started blogging myself but found the amazing Vicky's blog and was wowed, it showed me what blogging can achieve. I started joining in with brilliant blog posts and Vicky was one of my first followers. When she tweeted one of my posts I almost fainted.
7. Why did you chose your child’s name?
We wanted names that weren't too common but also that weren't too unusual too. As we are a dual culture/nationality family we had to find names that worked in both languages. I loved the name Jake but my Dutch family pronounced it Yake. As a teacher I found it very hard to pick as many names reminded me of former pupils (and not the good ones). Hubby chose both names but both times we couldn't agree on a girl's name so lucky they were boys. (I don't use my boys names on the blog so this was quite difficult to answer.)
8. What really makes you angry?
When anyone hurts someone that I love. I'm like the hulk, you won't like me when I'm angry!
9. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
The brilliant Sheridan Smith down to earth, pretty but gritty and a brilliant actress.
10. How old were you when you learned Santa wasn’t real? How did you find out?
I have absolutely no idea at all. My memory is terrible in fact I think most of my childhood memories aren't actually mine they are stories my parents or brother have retold. I remember very little. I hope my boys remember their childhood.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better and thanks Jade for the brilliant questions.
I'd like to pass on the love and nominate the following amazing bloggers:
Louise - liquoriceUK Little Hearts Big Love
Here are my questions:
- If money was no object, what would you do all day?
- Where do you most want to travel, but have never been?
- What is your favourite memory?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
- What does your perfect day look like?
- University or life experience, which do you feel best prepares you for life?
- What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already?
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
- Which animal best defines you and why?
Here is how it works: Please give me a mention for nominating you. Answer my questions. Then think of your own 10 questions and nominate 5 fellow bloggers to answer them... Easy peasy, enjoy!