The theme of this week has been getting back to normal. I returned to work (half days to start) hurray! The boys went back to school and we have drifted back into normality... or rather our normality.
However, the week started with a bang as our little man turned seven. You can catch up with my birthday tribute post here (if you would like to). We held a family party on Saturday with lashings of cake. Sunday was Opa's birthday at the Chinese buffet restaurant. I love the sushi and dumplings.
Our week at a glance
My favourite moments this week were:
- Being chosen as post of the week by the fabulous Stevie on her Pick n mix linky. Her write up made me cry because she really recognised what I am trying to achieve through Diary of an Imperfect Mum. Thanks Stevie!
- Little man's birthday, seeing his happy face was priceless.
- Being able to return to work/only working half days.
- Cuddles, smiles and warm welcomes from my colleagues & pupils.
- Drinking a large glass of Baileys after work.
- A really positive parents meeting at school, the big lad has made such great progress educationally and emotionally this year, I am so proud of him.
- Making the house Cosy with candles during the week and hubby saying it felt like the weekend.
- The little man's tooth finally fell out and he looks super cute minus his two front teeth.
- I loved my interview with Family Point Cymru this week. The questions were excellent and they have inspired me to begin my own series. Parenting from a special perspective. I have got some fabulous bloggers willing to take part and I am very excited!
- Celebrating little man's birthday with family and friends.