It has been a week of celebrations for us. First we celebrated Oma's birthday then I celebrated being nominated for Blog of the Year in the MADs (seamless plug). The boys have worked really hard and made excellent progress at school (parents evening) and finally I celebrated my birthday.
We have been out and about on our travels, enjoying time at the beach in Katwijk and Noordwijk and exploring Leiden. We have spent some time Easter crafting and made some fabulous sock bunnies and minions eggs for the boys to eat at the Easter Breakfast at school.
My birthday was extra special this year as it was Spring breakfast and all the children in group 3 and 6 sang to me and I had to wear a special crown. On the afternoon we had a walk along the beach in Noordwijk and the boys enjoyed themselves playing on the swings then we went for dinner in one of our favourite beach cafes Zee and Zon (sea and sun). The baked muscles were gorgeous and I was so full I had to turn down desert!
Our week at a glance
My favourite moments this week were:
- Family fun at the beach - messing around on the swings
- Lunch in Leiden at the Koetshuis cafe. The boys were so well behaved.
- Making Minion eggs for the boys to take to Easter Breakfast.
- Beautiful bright pink roses from hubby.
- The boys waking me up singing happy birthday.
- Little man holding hands with me in the car.
- Both boys getting great reports from school.
- Chatting with my brother on Skype.
- Opening birthday surprises with the boys watching excitedly.
- Being nominated for Best Blog of the Year in the MADs.
- People linking up to #FamilyFun. I love reading all the posts, such a great variety and brilliant bloggers.
Monthly Roundup: March
Like this post? Check out more of my Weekly Roundups here.