This week has been all about growth. I have been reflecting a lot on how much the boys have grown, physically and emotionally this school year. Maybe it is because we have parents evenings coming up and I always like to be prepared (you may have seen my post last week) or maybe it is because spring is on it's way.
I love changing the accessories in my house to suit the seasons and one of my favourite Dutch traditions that I have adopted are the Easter branches (Pasen takken). Whilst I got busy inside Hubby got to work power hosing the garden tiles and cleaning the furniture. As soon as the temperature rises a bit I'll be off to get the pots replanted and will be making our garden feel gezellig again.
Our week at a glance
My favourite moments this week were:
- Watching little man play football. Second 'proper' game and they won 3-1.
- Sun and light flooding into our house.
- Our favourite ice-cream shop has opened for the tourist season. We couldn't resist!
- Decorating the house for Easter.
- Little man's excitement when his grass head started to grow. It looks fabulous.
- Beautiful snow white roses.
- Organising a surprise for the boys, shhhhh.
- Pas takken decorated with brightly coloured eggs.
- A brilliant lesson with one of my pupils where we laughed and laughed until our sides hurt.
- Watching the sunset at the beach in Katwijk.
Like this post? Check out more of my Weekly Roundups here.