This has been a super exciting week for all kids in Holland as we celebrated Pakjes Avond (present evening). On the evening of 5th December there was a loud knock on our door and two very excited boys ran to find 3 sacks of presents on the doorstep. My goodness we must have been very good.
I couldn't wait any longer and on Sunday morning (after making the lego dimension portal for the boys) I got to work on our Christmas tree. I went for a different design this year with new lights, copper baubles and beads hanging down rather than round. I love it. The Christmas decorations are minimal but the candles are plenty and it is really gezellig.
Our week at a glance
My favourite moments this week were:
- A beautiful view in my rear view mirror on the drive home.
- The boys playing together outside our local butchers. I love these games they've installed for the kids in our village shopping centre.
- Walking the boys to school on the day Sint arrived, they were so excited I couldn't keep up with them.
- Guessing what's inside the advent calendars.
- The boys in their new PJs. I couldn't resist the matching pairs.
- A surprise meeting with Piet in the village.
- Watching the enormous Christmas tree go up.
- Making the lego dimensions portal for the boys.
|Watching Sint arrive at school: Piet was stuck on the roof so he came in a Fire Engine. |
The kids loved it and me too!
|Pakjes avond (presents evening). A great night with all the family.|
|Decorating the house for Christmas.|
I hope you had an extra special week too!
I added my post to the following fantastic linkups: